Percy the Park Keeper. Week Ending: 23.02.18

Hello,

This week we have been reading Percy the Park Keeper After the Storm as part of our English learning. We have been sentences in the present and past tense about Percy. We also thought of questions that we would ask Percy the Park Keeper if he jumped out of the book. 
During guided reading we designed new homes for the animals from the story.

During maths we have been learning different strategies to help us.
"29 + 9= 
If we borrow 1 from 29 it makes 10, then I know that 28 + 10= 38" Milly

"17 + 5 = 
You know that 7 + 3= 10 so you know that 17 + 3 = 20 and then you just got to add 2 which equals 22" Emily.Co

"32 + 14= 46
lll        l
**       ****
First you add the tens then you add the ones" Zac

We took part in a dance workshop this week and we did a fun routine!

We have been keeping a weather chart over the week as during topic we have been thinking about different weather conditions. Mr Lowther came and spoke to us about how the weather impacts on his job during the different seasons.

Well done to Erin who is our Star of the Week for always challenging herself in all areas of her learning.

Congratulations to Isabella who will be spending the weekend with Tweet for her use of expanded noun phrases, adjectives, adverbs and punctuation in her writing!

Home learning is to have a go at the reading challenges. See how many you can do and record what you get up to in your home learning book.

Have a good weekend!

Comments

  1. I liked doing Topic and well done to Erin who got the star award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed doing the dance routine and my questions for Percy.Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed doing the dance routine. I also liked doing my Weather chart. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I enjoyed doing maths because I like adding. Also I liked doing the dance workshop because I liked copying Hayley. This weekend I have had an awesome time visiting mummy’s cousins up in Telford. Harry Timms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading Percy the park keeper because it is funny. Austin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantastic Sharing Assembly! Week Ending: 3.11.17

What a Busy Week... Week Ending: 10.11.17

Year 2 Trip to Worburn Safari Park. Week Ending: 26.1.18