What a Busy Week... Week Ending: 10.11.17

Hello, 


On Thursday we played basketball and had a go at some dribbling skills. Take a look at the photographs on our Year 2 page. 

This week Tweet will be going home with Oliver for his 'have a go' attitude and perseverance with his learning. 

Well done to Emily who is Star of the Week for supporting others with their learning. 

In English we made our own firework poems and put these all together to make a Chestnut Class poetry book. 

In maths we have been learning about empty number lines and we used this strategy to help us take away. When you take away you always start with the biggest number. 

This week we have been doing some firework dancing we thought about the shape and patterns that fireworks create. 

We cannot wait to watch the Music Assembly this afternoon. Harry, Emily, Ben and Emily will be performing in it. 

Miss Hoad has set us a challenge. If we get 19 or more comments on our blog we will earn 2 marbles! 

This week we have been wearing poppies, during history we researched Remembrance Day. 

"Remembrance Day is about remembering the people who died at war" Maddy
"We wear poppies because it was the first flower to grow in the battle fields after World War 1." Will
"There is a 2 minute silence on Remembrance Day at 11 o'clock" Jack
"On Sunday there will be a Remembrance Day Parade that some of us are doing." Clara

Home learning is to handle and look at different coins as next week in maths we will be focusing on money. 
Next week in English we will be looking at non-fictions texts and the features of a non-fiction text. 

Have a good weekend everyone! 


Comments

  1. I liked using the empty number lines in maths and I liked making my Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed using empty number lines in maths and I brought some stickers home and I did them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed school especially on Friday because I got to see my friends perform in music assembly.
    I enjoyed making my Christmas wreath with Julia and Emma.
    I enjoyed going through the blog.
    love Milly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed making my Christmas card.
    I liked using the empty number lines in Maths.
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed watching the music assembly because I liked African drumming .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing Maple class' sharing assembly. I loved doing the firework poems and enjoyed the basketball session. I also liked the topic work we did on poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed using the empty number lines in maths this week and I also liked doing the firework poems and the Christmas decorations. Emily. 🦋🐶🦋

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked doing the firework poetry.
    I like to do the class blog with Miss Hoad .
    I loved this week

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed doing my maths homework using coins. I liked writing my fireworks poem. Harry Timms

    ReplyDelete
  10. On Sunday I was in the parade and I held the flag for rainbows. There were a 2 minutes silends to think abuot the peopl who died for us in world war 1.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantastic Sharing Assembly! Week Ending: 3.11.17

Year 2 Trip to Worburn Safari Park. Week Ending: 26.1.18